At its simplest, strategy is “planning the plan.” Every initiative, every project, every task is planned based on some desired outcome. Teams can work hard to accomplish an end goal, but if all end goals do not originate from an overarching strategy where people, process, and performance have been interwoven, then their work is separate and siloed, greatly minimizing the overall potential impact. Some people call it working smart, but it’s more than that: It is working with Strategic Purpose. With Strategic Purpose, efforts are multiplied — think 2+2=10 — with goals and objectives that reflect a greater outcome only when layered with other endeavors.
How Is Strategic Purpose Achieved?
- Start with the basics – What are your purpose, vision, mission, and values?
- Know your customer – Who are they, what do they need/want, and what is their journey?
- Align your business to the customer – Flip the Customer Journey into your Business Value Chain.
- Invest in your team – Who do you need and what culture and journey do you want for them?
- Put it all together – What is your Target Operating Model?
- Create a plan – How do you create it or make it better?
Depending upon the size of your team, the thought and time investment can vary. A small team could knock out all six steps in a one to two day strategic session. A larger team may need 15–30 days to build consensus. Each step advances the step(s) prior to create a compounding impact and more predictable desired outcomes.
Experience Impact guides you through the process of creating a Strategic Purpose, enabling your team to get the maximum return on investment from the time invested. We also have Strategic Thinkers who can help you see new opportunities emerge out of your team’s conversations.
Contact us today to get you Moving from Strategy to Results!